Personalize chats with jumps
Prefer an interactive chat? Click here.
Why does this matter?
The full power of chat unfolds when you personalize it to your user's needs and responses - ideally, they have the impression they are chatting to their own personal coach or tutor.
When to use jumps
Jumps allow you to branch out a conversation and deliver only the content your users need. For example:
- when your users are on a different level. e.g. your chatbot can ask if the user wants to get the definition first or start right away.
- when you want your users to choose from a set of different chats, e.g. your chatbot can ask if the user wants to learn something about topic a, b or c.
- when you want to give feedback to the response a user gave in a quiz.
How to use jumps
Jumps are one of the options you can activate with each response in a dialog.
- click the "Fast Forward" button to activate jumps
- When it's activated, a dropdown appears that says "jump to". You will see a list of all available dialogs in the chat you are working on and all the chats in your library.
- Select the destination you want the user to jump to after clicking the button. Jumps are possible to:
- a dialog within the same chat
- to the end of the same chat
- to the beginning of a new chat